Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Character project I'm working on

So to keep myself busy while job hunting, I built a simple character.



It took a few steps to get there, obviously, so where to start. I wanted to replicate the artist Christopher Zito's style of the kobold creature, so I did a style study to get a feel of how things should move and expressions I should try and hit.


Then I went about doing a character turnaround to try and keep some consistent form, as well as understand what things should look like.


From there it's down to some modeling,

A bit of ZBrush work,


A splash(whole heap) of rigging,


plus a lot of pose testing,







and we get the video at the top. I'm still doing a few tests here and there, but mostly as I go. For now, have this blocking test I'm slowly working on.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Give a reason to your critique, suggestion, or compliment.