Saturday, November 22, 2014

Oh cheese and crackers!

I haven't touched this thing in a while, have I? Well today is the day to change that. Let's drop some crazy amount of render updates on the golem from earliest to latest.

Then, lets show how crazy this rig can be:

Having to create a write up for this beast, it totals to about 21 pages, covering all of the controls it has throughout the rig. The file alone sits at near 300mb from all of the ivy, and when I sent it in for testing, a lot of feedback mentioned how overwhelming this rig looked to them. I shouldn't smile so big about that, but at the same time, its just a sign of the level of control I've given them, should they take on the task of animating it.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Small update like stuff

I figured I'd give some updates over here regarding a few of the projects I'm working on. The main one last session was Curpigeon, which for my part, was wrapped up as of Friday last week. I've learned a bit about rigging birds as a result of it, so I get to come away with that. I'm not sure when I'll be allowed to show the setup, so that'll stay in hiding for the time being. If you want to keep up on the progress, go to and peruse that place few news and such.

Meanwhile, I've done some work regarding the Golem project. I've gotten the body built up to a good place and I'm just about ready to start binding and rigging the beast. Here are some production bits:

Skull piece after being finalized

 Rough Body placement

More construction and a test pose, plus some color coordinating

Current standing
 This thing has been crazy to work on, and is only getting crazier as I work out how to do certain things, such as my proposed loose fit stones and the vine growth setup, plus the body construction setup I want to implement, as well as an anchor point for the rig. This doesn't include potential texture work, lighting, animation, and rendering. Still so much to do, but it will be one heck of a piece if I can do this right.