Friday, February 26, 2010

The failings of a piece

So alas, the car is a flop. She won't be used in the project after all, as our client did not like the design. Its a shame really, since the car is pretty much ready to go. Oh well, not much I can do about it now than to bite the bullet and start anew.

and with the headlights on

and the rig.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

trying to figure this out

without the windows

with the windows

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Update 2-20-2010

new glass shader for windows. rough interior pieces set in place. Hood lowered by a good chunk.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Update 2-19-2010

The Panther PSX Is slowly shaping up nicely. The new car shader is on, which allows for that lovely blue tint on the highlights that are visible. There are new accent lights to replace the old ones, so now they're not as dominant on the car as they were before. Also, the car now has rims and brake rotors, though those need to be re-sized a bit to better fit the car. I also shrank the front end a bit, since I realized that a it would constantly be hitting pavement and asphalt every time it came out of a driveway or hit a dip. I may have to shrink it yet again or bring up the nose/lower lip a bit. We'll see depending on how I feel later on about it.

On a final note, I put it on a black bg as an experiment to see how it would look with just the lights and reflectors instead of reflecting the gray environment.


I was told the hood of the car was too high, so I dropped it down some. Below is the comparison to the old front(red) to the new one(green).

Monday, February 15, 2010

Ass end comparisons

Back end of the Panther PSX, as it was dubbed by a team member. Added a spoiler as sort of an optional thing. Also added a grill like structure and widened the license plate area some, as well as added the exhaust pipes.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

project Jag

Right, so in order to conserve some room on the group site, I'm posting this vid here. This is just a rough idea towards the concept car for the intern project. Didn't enable wire frame, since most likely this thing will change in the following days. Meanwhile, the other piece to the puzzle is still up in the air.

Slightly more modifications to the body, plus a car paint shader test and the wire frame

Update 3: near done with the back. Took some concepts from a fellow team member and implemented them into the design. Theres actually another set of brake lights just below the back lip of the car, but they aren't really visible yet because of the lighting I used. You can kind of see the light housing peaking out underneath.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Update 2-2-2010

Ended up changing the table after all and replaced the legs on the chair. Took off the cave walls to better display the actual stuff in the room.